Douglas Parking was established in 1930 by Sanford Douglas in Oakland, CA. We started as an automotive service company and, as car ownership became more popular, we evolved into a service and parking company. Holding true to our roots, Douglas Parking continues to be owned by direct descendants of our founder. Sanford’s son, Leland, joined Douglas Parking in 1967 and was subsequently joined by his sons, David and Steven, in 1988 and 1996, respectively. Together, the three owners have overseen the company’s successful growth and development.
Throughout Douglas Parking’s 89 years in the parking industry, we have expanded our operations to nine states. In 1979, we opened our first subsidiary off-airport parking business, Airpark Oakland, which is still in operation today. In 1995, Douglas Parking celebrated the opening of its 100th parking facility. As of 2018 Douglas Parking expanded into two new markets, Seattle and Phoenix/Scottsdale.
Though we are rich in tradition and remain a family-owned company, we are far from a “mom and pop” parking operator. Douglas Parking allows our clientele to be provided a family oriented business with heavily involved ownership while receiving high quality service nationwide. The Douglas’ are unparalleled in the industry in providing personal client customer service. We have an in-depth institutional knowledge of the parking business that we employ to help our clients succeed and increase their bottom lines.
Douglas Parking Today
Douglas Parking has expanded into nine states with approximately 150 parking locations. Many of our clients have been so happy with our services that they demand we serve them in other markets as well. This helped us grow organically without becoming too large of a company that strays away from our intentions of serving people first.
Please check back for updates, because we are still making history.
New Douglas Parking Corporate Headquarters
In May 2021 Douglas Parking moved into its brand-new corporate headquarters after moving offsite for three years during construction. Since 1930 our organization has been committed to providing the best service possible using the values of inclusivity, honesty, and transparency. The company has been based at 1721 Webster Street since 1938 and, through our partnership with Holland Partner Group, redeveloped this site into our new national HQ as well as a 250 space garage and 210 high-end apartments.
We are very proud of this development and expect to call this site home for many years and many more generations of business.
Please scroll through the pictures below to see our new HQ come out of the ground.